A Part Time MBA Program Built for Early Career Professionals
Designed for recent college graduates and professionals with less than three years of work experience, the Cox MBA Direct offers you the opportunity to earn an MBA now and accelerate your career goals. Created with early career professionals in mind, this part-time degree with optional on-campus electives combines highly interactive, synchronized online class sessions with a comprehensive curriculum designed to challenge students and foster the skills needed to solve real-world problems.
MBA Direct candidates will experience the academic rigor and collaborative community of Cox, all while gaining three years of valuable work experience throughout the course of the program. The program’s flexibility and structure allow students to focus on the Cox curriculum at a mindful pace as they advance their current career or begin recruiting to pivot into a different post-graduate position. Applicants with three or more years of experience who are interested in the convenience and flexibility of an online MBA should consider the Cox Online MBA program.
Is an Early-Career MBA Right for Me?
An early-career MBA can help you launch a successful career in business, management, or entrepreneurship. While the benefits of an MBA degree are well known, the decision to pursue one isn’t always clear cut. For many professionals, completing an early-career MBA program can make sense. Early-career MBA graduates enjoy higher starting salaries than those with just a BA. With more years to reap your MBA’s financial and professional benefits, the return on investment can be the greatest early in your career.
The Benefits of a Part-Time MBA
Our MBA Direct Program is a part-time, evening program designed for working professionals who want to advance their careers and increase their earning potential. It is an online program with optional campus access that allows you to earn a degree on your schedule, from anywhere in the world. With flexible schedules and live interactive sessions, you can complete your degree faster than imagined.
Part-Time MBA Program at a Glance
33 months, 53 credit hours
Part-time, Weeknight evenings
Live-Online Sessions with on-campus access & elective options
Average Work Experience: 15 months
Average Age: 24 years
Curriculum includes one 4-day immersion experience
MBA Courses and Curriculum Overview
An Innovative Curriculum
- Enhance your business analytics foundation through core courses like Data Analysis, Micro and Macro Economics, and Financial Accounting
- Participate in interactive, online courses specifically curated for intimate learning and application focused course content
- Build your professional experience while pursuing an MBA with a part-time curriculum paced over three years
- Tailor your degree to your specific interests with the option to take on or off campus business electives
- Take on and help solve pressing business challenges through global immersion experiences
Why Choose MBA Direct?
The Cox MBA Direct Advantage
- Accelerate your career alongside other driven, emerging leaders
- Join a one-of-a-kind MBA program, designed specifically for early career professionals
- Collaborate with your classmates & professors through live courses and intimate breakout groups
- Gain international business perspective during a global immersion
- Connect with a network of global leaders and 40,000+ alumni and have an ally for life
- Prepare for MBA-level jobs, gaining valuable work experience while completing the program
SMU Cox Foundational Pillars
At Cox, we know what it takes to become a well-rounded business leader. From managing cross-functional teams to thinking innovatively, you will hone your business leadership skills for the changing world of work.
Data analytics now has a bigger impact on business than ever before. As an online MBA candidate you will learn data analytics skills and how to clearly communicate findings to colleagues and management, no matter the industry.
You will gain hands-on experience by examining the challenges of real companies and applying your own solutions. Our model of experiential learning provides the framework to keep building on the knowledge and skills you acquire over the course of the program.
Additional MBA Direct Benefits
- Access to the stunning SMU Cox campus, extensive resources and robust variety of student groups
- In addition to mentorship from faculty, Cox offers Career Management Services for each student
- All applicants are considered for merit-based scholarship, with 60% of students receiving awards
Our enrollment team is standing by to answer your questions and support you throughout the application process. Schedule a time to connect with us below!MEET WITH US
Program Accreditation and Career Outlook
SMU Cox MBA Direct Program Accreditation
SMU Cox School of Business and the MBA Direct Program is accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the longest-standing, most recognized form of specialized accreditation that an institution and its business programs can earn. SMU’s AACSB accreditation demonstrates our commitment to providing students with a top-quality education and developing leaders in the marketplace.
Career Outlook for MBA Direct Graduates
Successfully completing an online MBA Direct program at SMU Cox can be life-changing and provide a bright career outlook. Not only will it arm you with the skills and knowledge you need to advance your career but facilitate positive life change. What’s more is that your earning power can increase by as much as 75 percent. Career-changers saw an average salary increase of $45,000 within their first year after obtaining an MBA degree, according to a recent full-time graduating class survey here at SMU. MBA graduates enjoy competitive positioning for career advancement, higher salaries, and the ability to transcend industries.
Key Dates & Deadlines
All applicants will be evaluated for merit-based scholarships.