Let’s get to know each other.
First-time Applicants and Re-applicants
The heart of SMU is our people. More than anything, we want to get to know you as a person. While your application, supporting documents, and personal interview are necessary steps towards applying, we’d also seize any opportunity to welcome you on our campus. And it is important for you to be able to get in touch with us; reach out to us with your questions or concerns, and connect with current Mustangs to get a sense of the culture and community that make the Cox experience unique.
Key Dates & Deadlines
*Candidates who apply by the Early Review Deadline will be considered for a $2000 scholarship **Candidates who apply by the Priority Deadline will be considered for a $1000 scholarship
- Online Application
- Professional Resume
- Official GMAT, GRE, or EA Test Scores from within the last five years. The GMAT program code for the SMU Online MBA is HWG-KN-27. We will grant test waivers on a case-by-case basis.
- Undergraduate Transcripts (Official transcripts are required only after the applicant has accepted admission to SMU Cox)
- Two Professional References
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Scores (International Applicants only). If you have worked in the US for at least 2 years or hold an undergraduate degree from a university where the primary instruction language was English, please ask us about a TOEFL/IELTS/PTE waiver
- Optional Statement
- Admissions interview (by invitation only)
- We participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. There is no application fee, and we offer scholarships and fellowships to veterans.
- MilitaryMBA.net recently named the Cox School as one of the top MBA Schools for Veterans (Top 40 overall and Top 25 for Private Colleges).
- Do you have worries about getting back into the swing of academia? SMU Cox offers summer preparatory mini-courses in the more challenging core subjects of finance and statistics.
- SMU Cox is proud of the diverse group of students we have representing 17 countries around the world. Approximately 30% of our current Full-Time MBA students are of international origin.
- SMU Cox has a strong international alumni network with presence in 30+ countries across globe and over 40,000 members strong. The Economist ranks our alumni network 25th in the world for global breadth and effectiveness.
- Our affiliation with the Forté Foundation offers all MBA women at Cox a jumpstart on their career search, a broad national network, and scholarships for attending business school.